Friday, October 5, 2007

Wowser....whataweek!

Is this what happens when people say "it all goes so fast?" IF I can remember back to crazy last weekend, Wyatt attended a girlfriend brunch...and as usual charmed them all. Anita's birthday was a delightful morning on the deck with lots of delicious food that Anita prepared for us. We REALLY need to be doing that for her! She is too good to us.

Sunday was another exciting day for boys....Wyatt got to watch the Cowboy game with David while I prepared to shoot a wedding that afternoon. And yes, I have decided that babysitting and Cowboys don't really work. I was oh so very glad when Cici and Grandpa Bob showed up with Bettye and Joe. Intervention! I believe you may hear a different version from David later. :)

Tuesday was Wyatt's 6 month birthday, and Bettye took so many wonderful photos of him. I think he got at least 4 sessions with her while she was in town. The black and white photos she is taking are precious to us....I can't wait to see the rest! They are going in an album that David started for me as my first Mother's day gift.

Wyatt accomplished a pretty impressive milestone on his 6 month birthday. I came by the house on Tuesday for lunch, and heard Lucille call me into the living room where he was playing on a blanket. There he was, sitting up all by himself and beaming with satisfaction! I ran to grab the camera, and when I returned....he lost his balance and hit his little noggin on the floor. Tears and a nap quickly followed...but it didn't slow him down. He's caught on to the sitting up thing pretty well, and he always seems to follow that endeavor with a very happy smile.

With 6 months behind him, Wyatt was due another visit to the doctor. He weighed in at 16.6 lbs, and 26.75"...that is 30th and 60th percentiles respectively. Long and lanky. :) He he had his first taste of turkey and vegetables, and then the next morning we tried bananas. I have to say, he doesn't seem to be embracing baby food. Rice cereal and veggies were going over fairly well, but now he is beginning to resist anything but milk. Hmmm.

Wyatt spent Wednesday afternoon with Aunt Trish and Uncle Richard....who are technically cousins....but closer like aunts and uncles. I think he enjoys his time at their house and his visits with the big pups Cierra and George. George is a Great Dane just a few days older than Wyatt....but MUCH larger than Wyatt THANKFULLY.

That afternoon, I got a call from Wyatt's great grandpops...and mema was not doing well. Thursday morning, Richard and Trish helped get her admitted in the hospital. Gratefully, she is doing much better and may come home in a few more days. She has a long road ahead regaining her strength, but hopefully she will feel much better very soon.

I'll end with the great news that giving up the pacifier is now truly paying off. Wyatt is sleeping generally 10 hours a night now, without nighttime feedings. HOWEVER, the end of his 10 hours is around 5am...so yes, I'm still sleepy!

1 comment:

Vetmommy said...

Yea for sitting up! Life is much more fun for them once they can do that. Plus they don't look like slugs so much anymore. Not that your baby looks like a slug - he is always beaming in your posted pictures!

I'm happy to hear that Wyatt is still sleeping well. Colin still gets up early on the weekends (although I realize 7 am would be late for you). But now we can turn on cartoons and catch a few more Zzz's...