Sunday, October 21, 2007

Wowser week, the sequel....

Almost two weeks since my last short post...and it is FINALLY starting to seem like October. Looks like Wyatt is going to get to wear his cute track suit from my dear friend Monica after all! Pretty spiff, he is!

We were happy to see his great great aunt Louise recently. Cici picked her up last week on the way to Fort Worth with Wyatt. They stopped in to check on Great Mema...who I think is settling in well back at home from the hospital. She's got some home health nurses and physical therapist Tiffany...who's family has been friends of ours for several generations now. I'm hoping that she can keep Mema in line when she gets tired of all that moving around business.

Cici and Grandpa Bob took Wyatt to church last weekend. He wore his Sunday-go-to-meetin' clothes...and papa styled his hair real nice. I'm sure he charmed all the church ladies. The treat for us was a quick run to Six Flags. I gave tickets to David for Father's day, and we finally had a good opportunity to go. Funny thing, we rode 4 rides and left. Batman, Superman, and Titan twice. That was just enough to make our heads swim, and long enough to realize the park was quickly getting too crowded for our taste. We left for a nice lunch at the Flying Fish, and returned home in plenty of time for David to watch the game that shall not be mentioned.

This weekend was a real super treat as well...so yeah, I'm getting a little spoiled to having some extracurricular fun again. My wonderful friend Traci T. flew to Austin and drove up with her extraordinary guy Ron. It was my first opportunity to meet this man who has enticed Traci to overcome her fear of flying. She lives in San Francisco...and crazy thing is he lives in Pflugerville, north of Austin. (Same town as the Martin's we've previously mentioned.) The occasion? Our 20th year high school reunion. We gathered forces with Serena, who drove us in her husband Rich's tricked out Subaru. (I never knew cars used nitrous.) The three of us girls and Traci's great fella Ron actually survived TWO evenings of reconnecting with people that we haven't seen in decades. It was a little surreal seeing people from so long ago, and really feeling a bond with so many of them. I've reconnected some friendships that I am looking forward to keeping up with in the future.David was super-pop this weekend, being so kind about staying home and taking care of Wyatt both evenings AND on Sunday for my grand finale sushi with Traci and Ron before they left town. David and Wyatt did go with us to have lunch in Aledo at Traci's brother Terry and sister-in-law Dee's new home. They have a great place on over 6 acres. Dee prepared an incredible tex mex lunch...tacos and homemade salsa, guacamole, beans and rice. I keep telling Terry he married well...mostly because he did!

I got the big news of the day on my way home from sushi. David went to wake up Wyatt after a long nap, and found him standing up in his crib just quietly checking out the place. He is also finally moving forward in his crawling efforts....small movements at a time. And he is sitting up and playing with his toys much better now too. I can't imagine what I'll have to report in the next two weeks. So amazing. Have I mentioned how much sleep we are enjoying now???

2 comments:

Vetmommy said...

Great post. You really did pack it in! Wyatt is cute, but Dave should not plan on a future as a baby hairstylist! (just teasing! It does make him look more like his dad with the gel in his hair, though!).

Boilerdad said...

Oh, I can't wait to see you guys! We are so looking forward to January!