Saturday, January 26, 2008

The longest month

Is it still January??? A week now after our anniversary getaway, I have a quiet moment to write a few notes about the past 2 weeks. Wyatt had a very fine time with his Grandma and Grandpa Parrish over his 3 day stay in Garland. Sounds like the last day or so he got a little fussy, and I'm guessing part of the problem was related to that 4th tooth that popped through this past week. We called to check in everyday while we were gone, and every conversation with Grandpa Allen had me convinced he was having the time of his life! I'm not sure which of them was having more fun, but I DO know which two grandparents were worn out after 3 long days! I think they were ready for a vacation of their own after that duty.

David and I had such a wonderful time on our trip. It was so nice to get away and see other friends on an extended visit. We really enjoyed seeing Tim and Valerie, along with their amazing young ones, Charlie and Piper. We had a wonderful dinner and breakfast with them...and got a good peek at what Wyatt will be doing in about 3 months from observing Piper. Also got a quick tour of David's old haunts around the architecture building at A&M.

The next day we were off to the Inn Above Onion Creek, which is also just a splendid place to be with people you enjoy. Anthony and Jennifer were only able to stay one night with us, but we truly enjoyed their company and their thoughtfulness. They brought a stellar selection of wine AND homemade fudge. Tell me these are not my people?? Traci and Ron were able to stay both nights, and we spent a wonderful late afternoon and evening playing games...Goblit (sp?), Othello...and yes, we taught Traci Texas Hold 'em...and yes, she promptly turned the tables to beat us all. I'm hoping Anthony and Jennifer will send us photos of the group of us on that first night. Maybe I can post here later?

We returned home last Tuesday, Wyatt and the grandparents were here at home waiting to see us! It was so nice to hold him in my arms again. I was darn ready to see him by Tuesday afternoon. We weren't the only ones anxious to see him, as Cici and Grandpa Bob weren't far behind us. Wyatt was showing us his progress standing and hanging on to Grandpa B's finger...and he finally let go and took maybe 2 steps. We heard the next day he did it again at daycare. Always amazed to see his control grow stronger.

He has had a tough end of the week, and today I'd say he is definitely sick AGAIN...along with David AGAIN. Poor guys. Tonight we hosted a surprise dinner for my dad, Gramps to Wyatt, for his 60th birthday. He and Mimi Evelyn arrived around 3pm to visit with us, and about 4 pm we had half a dozen good friends of Dad's show up on the front porch. He chortled with surprise at such a fuss. It was fun to surprise him, and nice to see the friends I hear so much about through the years. Happy birthday Gramps!

AND, by the way, Happy Anniversary David. It has been a wonderful 2 years...and I was so happy to celebrate it with you on those steps again this year!

1 comment:

Vetmommy said...

We were honored to be invited once again. It was a great weekend for us, too! Will try to send the pictures soon.