Tuesday, November 27, 2007

November is slippin' slippin' slippin'...



The past few weeks have been more of the kind I'm becoming so accustomed to...the passing me by in a flash type. Wyatt and I had a very surreal and happy visit at Johnny and Debbie's house 2 weekends back. Our friend Allison is in town from London with her sweet little chicken baby girl. She came with her sister Anna, and Anna's son Luke. Johnny & Deb had 3 year old Kyler and 1 year old Kyra on hand to assist in hosting us all. It was very strange and wonderfully pleasant to take Wyatt into this place with a few good arm-fulls of other smaller people, and the fact that these were people I've known for so long....it was indeed a strange new experience. We had a tasty little pizza, and Allison brought a wonderful avocado/tomato salad, along with some outrageous cookies that made me forget immediately that little issue I have walking away from the sugar bowl. We all stayed and enjoyed until the smallest friends started falling apart. Our next visit is this weekend, without the babies...should be nice to try that rare child-free gathering thing again as well.


That evening, after arriving home, Wyatt had some nice guy time with David. They really enjoy seeing each other, and especially after an absent spell. I admit there are many photos posted of David and Wyatt...but they are so rugged/handsome and cute I cannot help myself. They are dear together...and the photos, well, I am compelled to share with any of you who are interested. So here you go:

And then of course, we enjoyed Thanksgiving to its fullest. We were heartfelt in our gratitude for such a wonderful year, and so deeply grateful to share it with so much wonderful family. We had a happy dozen of us at our house for an incredible meal, mostly prepared by Cici, but with great assistance by Grandpa Bob, Grandma Lucille, and Aunt Trish. And as if we couldn't be any more thankful...we have another year of wonder ahead of us as Trish works on growing another special baby to warm our happy hearts. This year must be the most joy filled year I've ever known...and I hope to see it topped by the next one!


Last note for the night must not neglect the monumental appearance of Wyatt's second tooth. We've been admiring it for about a week now, and I suspect Wyatt has tried it out on the few opportunities that he has chomped avocado, banana and tofu bits. He seems to enjoy the variety, and we're all figuring it out as we go along.

1 comment:

Vetmommy said...

We love the Wyatt-David pictures here in P'ville. Bring it on! Wouldn't mind a picture or two of momma, though! The picture in their winter wear is gorgeous.

I love the stuffed post meal photo of everyone on the couch- laugh out loud hilarious!