Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Boy in a Box















Young Wyatt, as I'm told many young children do, seems to REALLY enjoy playing in a cardboard box. I'm not exactly sure what the allure is, but he seems pretty darned happy sitting and playing in a plain cardboard box. As long as he's happy, I'm happy!
















Weekend before last, Wyatt and DeeDra went for a nice Saturday bike ride. They both love to get out and enjoy the fresh air and the beautiful November weather. Wyatt seems completely at home in the bike cart, and pretty soon we'll remove the infant adapter and he'll sit in it more like a chair. And as you can see below, Wyatt enjoys waving to the masses from his chariot.

















On Saturday, Wyatt's proud aunt and uncle were in Fort Worth and came by for a visit. My brother Michael and his wife Jennifer were in Fort Worth for the annual motorcycle show over at the convention center. They got a little quality time with Wyatt before his bedtime and we had a very classy dinner... pizza from the Mellow Mushroom! None for Wyatt, of course, since he's still on the mostly liquid baby food and had already eaten his turkey-vegetable-dinner and green beans. I think he'll like pizza much better, but DeeDra tells me I need to pretend to like vegetables in front of Wyatt so he'll be fooled into thinking they taste good. If he inherited many of Papa Dap's taste buds, it'll be a VERY tough sell.

2 comments:

Vetmommy said...

Great photos! I will have to put some of our tandem bike trailer. Colin complained a lot today when I picked him up in the car.

I make Anthony eat veggies he doesn't like in front of the kids, too. Today it was sweet potatoes. Usually its squash. I think he'd happily eat any veggies cooked on a pie from the Mellow Mushroom, though!

Boilerdad said...

Cardboard boxes are cool. Or so I though so too as a kid. Anna and Colin both loved to play countless hours in boxes. We had one huge, but plain jane box for months. Another came as a gift. It was a castle made out of cardboard. Daddy and Mommy assembled it - really. The kids colored on it and played in it for weeks and eventually wore it out.