Monday, June 25, 2007

Mama Dap goes back to work

Twelve weeks ago today right about this time, some nurse finally finished what I remember as a four hour demonstration on how to give our new precious baby a bath. We were deliriously tired, and I know she was giving us some very helpful information, but I could hardly keep my eyes open.

Today I go back to work after being home with the little guy everyday for 3 months. I remember holding him in the hospital thinking "you will never be two days old again," and knowing the time is fleeting. Papa Dap has been very encouraging, and I do rest better knowing at least for two months he will in the care of family members. I am so grateful for all the love our family surrounds him, and us, with. It has been so incredible to see everyone come together to be one big family, which couldn't make us happier. Most surprising of all? The GRANDPAS. To see the pure joy and love this little one brings out in them, you just have to see to believe. Yesterday I cried at the thought of leaving him today, but so far I feel peaceful knowing he will be with Grandma Lucille. I'm sure the full night of sleep she allowed me last night helped!

No comments: