Monday, August 13, 2007

Closing in on a month!

Where to start when I haven't written in a month?

David returned home Friday night after spending a week in San Diego at Siggraph convention. We missed him dearly, but had incredible backup care from Grandma Parrish and Cici Smith, who both took turns spending the night with us while Papa was away. Even Aunt Trish came over to help out one afternoon. What would we do without them??

Saturday was full of important introductions for Wyatt. My girlfriends Anita, Jen and Stephanie hosted a very sweet gathering for me and Wyatt. Wyatt got to meet some of my lovely girlfriends...and well...he loves the girls...and yeah, the girls love him. Much enjoyment was had by all. I'll be taking sweet smelling baths for ATLEAST the next year after that party, thank you very much! Wyatt was most fortunate as well, receiving toys, clothes, bibs, books and a beautiful handmade quilt. Would be lost without these incredible friends too...

As Wyatt and I pulled into the driveway, we spotted more dear friends. Anthony, Jennifer and young Anna and Colin Martin came to visit us for the weekend. They are our friends from Pflugerville....and such great friends they are. David may have known them first, but now...they are MY friends. My kinda people, those Martins...and David is the dear odd one who brought us together. Anna seemed quite delighted to meet Wyatt...and Colin, he was much more interested in all of the webworms. I think he found a home for all of them. Anna blew Wyatt his first bubbles ever, and she also helped me with his bath one evening while everyone went out to get Curly's frozen custard. We had such a nice time with them...and look forward to their next visit.

And finally, I have to announce that Monday night was Wyatt's first taste of rice cereal. With cries between every bite, he seemed to be disenchanted with the empty spoon that kept disappearing from his unsatisfied mouth. I do believe he is catching on after a few feedings and we are hoping that all those other moms are correct in the prediction that he will begin sleeping through the night. Please...oh please....

The time between blogs is flying by, and yet everyday is too amazing to convey. Wyatt is so close to crawling, and rolling over and over and over...and sometimes off! He negotiates his way around on his belly...mostly in circles, while eyeing a colorful bling just out of his reach. He has discovered his inner shriek...and is one with it. It is hard to believe he is our little boy!

4 comments:

Vetmommy said...

This is a great blog, and I am the first commenter! I googled some key names and found it! I wish I had started a blog when my kids were this young. The more you post, the more you will love it in the future. Welcome to the blogosphere!

Unknown said...

What a great little chunk you guys have there! Congrats on WAP, DAP and DAP. This is Jenn's sister steph commenting from ACK. Love the pic of Colin-O beconing you to join the bubble fun. Like Jenn, I wish I had my children's complete lives blogged for posterity. Please post when you can, and don't worry if it is just your daily struggles and small achievements, if you can manage to spill out a few words now, you'll be glad you did later when WAP is up and running and you wonder where the yummy gummy drooling days went...:) Plus it will give me a little preview of what's around the corner with our own little Evie. I think those first months with the twins had me so sleep deprived I have forgotten most of the milemarkers.

Unknown said...

beckoning. there we go.

Vetmommy said...

Time for another update. We need more pics of WAP!